Thread: Medical test
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 09:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SweetBiscuit

Originally Posted by Stagebear View Post
Hey there:
Three kind of cool things happened yesterday as a result of a dual colonoscopy and endoscopy that I had done.

Never assume: I did not do enough research and did not know until the morning of the procedures that some anesthesiologists use narcotics as part of the knock-out cocktail. Needless to say, I panicked. I called the anesthesiologists office in the morning, no answer...left a message. I ran it by the intake nurse who assured me no narcs would be used. I then had a lengthy conversation with the anesthesiologist to reassure myself. While things like surgery were obvious, I know now to research every medical test and procedure and ask questions.

12 Step Programs are cool: As I am in the waiting room, sweating out having these conversations with the staff, I look up and, standing there, in scrubs, is "Jo" from my AA home group. I had no idea she worked there. She assured me that some patients have refused anesthesia so it would not be a big deal. She sat and talked with me for a good couple of minutes. And yes, it was a coincidence, but a welcome one.

And finally:
Proof positive: At last I had physical proof that my head is, indeed, not up my a$$.

Well how about that! Also, I strongly believe there is no such thing as coincidence. She was there for a reason. To help when needed.

Glad everything is ok and now there is physical proof!