View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 08:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
lovtolaff
Getting to my HAPPY PLACE!

mentallyexh - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE re-read all of these replies! I know that most of them are things you do NOT want to hear but everything they are saying is SO true!

I heard the same things and believe me I did NOT want to admit that "you are right - it is MY choice to live with this turmoil" - but after so long with an alcoholic and getting wore down and just plain ol' exhausted - I had to put my big girl panties on and realize that I did NOT have to live my short, sweet life worrying about anyone but me! It was/is a hard realization but I couldn't be happier with my decision to FINALLY kick his a$$ to the curb and get on with my life.

Yes I loved him to the core but at what cost? There was no trust, constant drama, constant "watching him", constant manipulation on my part to try to keep him from drinking, and so much more unhealthiness that like I said - I was exhausted.

Can you answer this? And I am not trying to be snippy - just thinking it may help you to answer this - why are you holding on so tightly? Just curious...

Peace be with you.