View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 05:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
luvmybf

Yes, that is what I should have said...my apologies. I don't want to hinder his progress by being in a relationship with him but we are in it now, do I leave him or stay and support him? I'm just trying to figure out what would be best for his sobriety. I don't want to leave him but I would if it meant he wouldn't relapse again.

I am going to look into some Alanon meetings in my area. If not for anything but for the grief I've been through with my mother. Funny as I was writing this, my dad called (they've been divorced 17 years) because she called him from the near by airport. Apparently she was so pilled up she got lost and wound up at the airport and "bumped" another car. Airport security had her and wanted someone to come get her. I have at this point pretty much dismissed her from my life.

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
I think you have the question backwards, IMHO it should be "can an alcoholic date a drinker?"

That stuff about no relationships is BS. What it says is no major changes in the first year. This philosophy by the way, is not in any AA literature anywhere, but it is prevalent in rehab and AA rooms.