View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 01:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Went to my first GA meeting tonight, they started 11 weeks ago in Gibraltar. I dragged my friend along and that made 5 of us in this little room. What an amazing meeting it was! My friend also got so much out of it! Everyone shared, it just amazes me in a great way how much resource and help is actually out there for addicts when you are actually ready to look for it.

It's so funny as well whether it be AA or GA to sit in a room full of people that would almost never cross paths other than in passing out in society to be sitting there with a common goal and so much support for each other.

I also realised, and am beginning to understand the more people and meetings i attend, just how lucky i am to be given the opportunity to make my life a happier and more fulfilling one. I never really believed the stats but i am absolutely certain now that the majority of people take alcohol/gambling/drug addiction to their grave.

Although this time round i feel that the amount of time actually has little meaning, more the quality...it is day 9 and i am a happy bunny making my dinner:-)