View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 11:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Firehazard
SHARING THE LOAD

Red face

Very deep and resonate topic to me as the hope for me and all of us is complete recovery. A respected person with alot of sobriety, wisdom and experience shared something very important on this topic. She has seen it happen many times in the past 41 years. Luckily I was listening that day. What she shared was this:

That we heal in the reverse order that we destroyed ourselves:
Destruction
1.Spiritually
2.Emotionally
3.Mentally
4.Physically

Healing
1.Physically
2.Mentally
3.Emotionally
1.Spiritually

From my experience this has helped me to understand the process I am going thru. It may take me years to figure out how I got there, the bottom, but my healing has followed this pattern. (Physically) It took me around nine months to get my serotonin and liver back to a manageable level. By not drinking and beginning to eat/sleep better. Another friend told me directly at around ten months that I was as physically sober as I will ever get. (Mentally) I have begun to bring the battle between my ears to a standstill and it started with honest self examination/meditation and will continue daily as it is ongoing. Recently at around the eleven month mark I have felt my (emotions) bubbling up to the surface and dreams are getting more intense I am just starting to heal in this regard. (Spiritually) I have felt more peace, joy, contentment and a connection or awareness of something very big for the first time in my life. Since I began and God is working on me to remove the things in the way. This I have not clue when it will really happen but I have a hopeful felling that if I continue doing the things that have worked for me this phase will manifest.
Thanks for this post as recovery for me has been working on a discernable timeling and a series of white light experiences.