Old 07-19-2009, 06:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
NYC_Chick

Josie:

I went back after about a year. We never completely stopped contact, which was my mistake, but that's the path I took. He said all the right things, just as he always did when he was trying to get back on my good side and regain control. We were fully back together, or so I thought, in February when he admitted he had a girlfriend and had had one for 8 months or so at that point. I became so sick over this that I could not physically eat because I was chocking on food and lost a lot of weight for someone my size. After realizing what I was doing to myself, I decided to live and got rid of him. My life is so much better now.

I think I went back for more because I was not completely done. It was almost like I had to see how much I could lose for myself before I was done with him. Well, looking in the mirror at someone who turned into skin and bones with difficulty finding clothes to wear did it.

I posted a very long post about this back in April, but you may find it helpful : )

Hang in there! Don't beat yourself up for going back. That's wasted energy. One foot in the front of the other as you keep walking away from him is so much better!