View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 01:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
paula2009

Children of addicts-perspective?

Hi all, I am new to this forum, but so glad that I found it. I haven't been to a Naranon mtg in over 1 year but am in desperate need of going. Glad I got to re-read some of the material on here.

I do have a question though: how do you come to peace with what the addict in your life does to their children? It is my sister who I speak of-whose 7 year old son lived with me for over a year and has always been a big part of my life. As of the last 9 mo. or so she will not allow me to see him at all as she knows that she is back in active addiction (I know CPS has been involved often as well) and I think she is afraid of me trying aking him away from her. I have been round and round with her and there isn't any reasoning, but I would like to have some "tools" on how to view the kids involved with the addict. I am not sure if it is even healthy for me to try to see him anymore as she is soo difficult/bizarre to deal with. It keeps me up at night worrying about my nephew and I cry about it at times too.
Any words of wisdom would be helpful, thank you,
Paula2009