View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 02:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
vegibean

Originally Posted by collegegirl View Post
I just got up and read everyone's replies... I want to say thank you to everyone! It's nice finding somewhere that everyone is so supportive and non-judgmental. I'm going to try to make this day 1 of being sober. I'm wondering what to do about next weekend though... I'm going to Vegas for a bachelorette party. I know there will be too much temptation. Is it possible for anyone to just drink on special occasions, but not let it get out of hand? Has anyone tried this?
For me, one "special occasion" would only lead to more "special occasions." I think bamboozle said it up there some where and I'm going to say it too, but I wouldn't be going to a bachlorette party freshly sober and trying to stay that way.

I don't think anyone is trying to tell you what to do but MAINLY speaking from experience and knowing that it has NOT worked for us in the past.

Living in sobriety is going to take some life changing. Hope you'll keep reading and posting. No matter what, you'll get good support and insight here.