View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 09:39 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
brokenhalo

bamboozle,

The meds would be useless without therapy. Therapy is very important for my mental well-being and for my recovery. The meds make the work I do for therapy possible.
well said, and a very important point. keep reminding yourself that you ARE doing the work, and it WILL pay off for you. the tests and trials will come, but it sounds like you have new and better coping and survival strategies...

I’ve filled my drinking time with photography. A few months ago I bought a nice little digital camera and I’ve been having a lot of fun with it. You can see some of what I’ve captured on the SR photography thread at the Café.

Taking pictures gets me out of my head. It is a healthy way to escape…and even when I’ve been really upset I’ve made myself go out and do it. It helps to keep me sane.
something comes up and you want to drink, get your camera or get on the board. for myself, i'm finding that if i don't struggle with something as i work through therapy, then i'm not really being honest about the work. something always shatters when we make breakthroughs, but that doesn't mean we have to drink. you are doing great. keep it up.

best regards,

bh