Old 07-17-2009, 03:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FreeBird09
I grew my wings to fly...

After a year (it will be a year in 5 days) the XABF called me asking me if he can come home.(just about an hour ago) he was drunk. He said, I am in love with you, I miss you (oh god, what heartbreaking words) will you just be fun to be around, because I want to come home.

Do you know what I said??

I said............ NO WAY!. I said, you are an alcoholic, you haven't gotten any help, and I can't, nope.. I WILL NOT have an intimate relationship with anyone who is an alcoholic. I said, I do love you, and a part of me always will, but out 'relationship' is over. He turned it all around blaming me for his drinking. (EXACTLY, and that is why it will never work, it didn't work the first time, why would I think I would get a different result!!)

I am sorry that you are in the position you are in. I know how hard it is to say no to someone you love, but... for myself I never want to feel the way I felt when I was IN the relationship, and over the last year.

Good luck. Stay around and I will pray that you (as one of the smilies said) step away from the alcoholic