View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 11:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
TrainWreckAgain

I agree those who said, I don't care. I have just told the truth as I see it. I have shared my experience, my struggles, and things I have learned along the way. To the best of my knowledge, I have never attacked her as a person. If I did, I would apologize directly to her for that.

There are some simple truths:

1. She is an alcoholic / addict. She may or may not understand or agree with this, but it is true. Alcoholism and addiction live behind a veil of lies and secrecy. I am not going to lie to myself or to others.

2. While she was living with me and in active addiction, she lied to me, she cheated on me (recent discovery), she spent money like there was no tomorrow, she carried next to none of the burden of keeping the household running... and so on. All things that addicts and alcoholics do. I have only spoken about her in a factual basis. I have not said, "She did this / thought this because...."

3. I need to share my experiences and learn from others experiences in order for me to recover. Not doing this to somehow "protect her feelings" or to keep from "embarrasing her" would be detrimental to my own recovery. In the past, in my co-dependent ways, I would have been more concerned with protecting her than taking care of myself. No more.

If she is pissed off because I am doing what I need to do in order to getting better, then so be it.