View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 05:09 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
least
bona fido dog-lover

Dk didn't come home last night. No idea where she is. Bee, yes I worry a lot, but about dk I don't seem to have a choice. Her judgement is so poor it puts her in some risky situations and I am afraid that one of these times it will do her harm.

Step one is a given. I KNOW I am powerless over alcohol and that my life is unmanageable. I also believe that a power greater than myself can help me. Step three is where I have a problem: turning it over to that HP. When it comes to dk, especially, I can turn over my worry about her but it will still be ME who has to drive somewhere at night to bring her home. It will still be ME wondering all night where she is and if she is safe.

I am still going to meetings but haven't yet found anyone I want to be my sponsor. I am still looking.

In the meantime I am just hanging on by my fingernails and hoping I'm doing the right thing. My home life is not happy. I am not happy. I'm sober, but not happy with myself. It is VERY hard living with dk and trying to set boundaries with her, boundaries she constantly ignores.

Part of the problem is that she is very much like I was at that age and that scares me. I took too many risks at that age and did as I pleased. I am blessed that I lived thru it all without serious injury or death. And the world that dk lives in now is so much more dangerous than the world I lived in.

I will try not to worry so much.:sorry I just don't know what to do and it scares me.