View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 09:28 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Believe808
Miracles Happen

I'm back :ghug2

Had a glorious day sitting on the beach, tanning not burning, ha ha and the best part of my day was it became a whole day of talking recovery WOO HOO. My friend also realized today was for her 6 months sober, what a blessing. I was so glad I went and got to be there with her for her 6 mths.

Nel, thank you for sharing that story with us, sometimes we hear something and it jogs our memory, I completely understand that because its what happened the other morning. I related so well to your son becoming the parent, my daughter had to become my parent at the end of my addiction, sad but true.

Grateful I have the energy and motivation to do these things again.
Thanks for posting about some gratitude Ro. You are sounding deliciously better YAY, meeting tomorrow is a good thing.

Least, you just plain ole worry to much, give yourself a break!!! Your daughter has her own HP and you are not it. Work on yourself and your recovery. Try to make some Step meetings, it is there that you will begin your recovery and find ALL the answers you are searching for. It's time for another meeting Least, Step, Big Book and Speaker are good for you right now if you really want to get and stay sober. I'm not too keen on discussion meetings, I do go to them but I make more Step & BB ones. Oh and Least, stop worrying about Step 3 and your HP, lets begin with Step 1, Powerless over alcohol, Life is unmanageable. I was told to read Step 1 & 2 over and over and over again. You need to get yourself a sponsor, that way you will have someone in recovery to guide you through the steps and also to be a sounding board when you are not sure what to do in a situation.

Lizabeth, Home alone WOO HOO if you are camping here tonight, then why are you not here right now, I was looking forward to some smores

Stone Hope you had a good day. Step 4 WOO HOO

I am very, very grateful for my HP directing me today.
I am very grateful to be sober another day.
I am grateful for my Sober Recovery Friends.
I am so blessed.

Going to bed now. Good night (Light is being turned off right now)