Old 07-15-2009, 08:22 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Pelican
peaceful seabird

Hi Least,
Thanks for the thought provoking post. There are many honest replies.

When I read your original post, I thought maybe you needed time to re-define your HP. Create in your mind the HP of your understanding. We've seen many definitions of HP here at SR, some very spiritual and some very physical - like a tree. There is not a right or wrong definition, as long as it is of your understanding and brings you serenity.

I was also wondering if you were struggling with how do you actually 'turn it over' to the HP of your understanding. I thought I might offer this physical excercise of turning things over. Someone suggested a God box. A physical box that you put pieces of paper into. You write out your situations, concerns, worry's, issues or problems and them over to your HP by putting them into your HP box. I've actually done this several times when I catch myself in obsessive thinking about a situation. I keep rolling it over and over in my mind till I think I am gonna go insane. So I write it out and put it into that box. (my purse was my box one day at work) I leave it there. I don't take it back out and worry over it any more that day.

I see from your last post, about your dk, that sometimes she is the cause of your worry. That you are called upon to fix her mis-judgements. I'm getting a little better about handling these types of crisis in my personal life. I'm learning that I don't have to save the world by 3:00 p.m. I can wait until at least 8 p.m. in most cases!

It really has helped me to ask myself this question when I am called upon to "fix it". Do I have to solve this by 3 p.m. today? Usually the answer is no, I do not. Then I can take the time I need to stop and listen to the whole story and consider options. I now understand that if my kid makes a mess, I don't have to stop my life and solve it immediately. There will be exceptions, but they are becoming less frequent. By giving myself more time to think through the situation, I also can decide to turn it over and let my HP solve the mess.