View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 06:34 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
least
bona fido dog-lover

I'm here and having problems "turning it over" to a HP for resolution. Here's why. I just took dk and a friend to the movie theatre way uptown. I had just dropped them off and got a call from her to come back to get them! The show was sold out so she got tickets to the later show. How she'll get there is anyone's guess cause I try hard not to drive at night - my night vision is horrible.

So the fact that I have no idea how or if she and friend will get to and from the movie drives me nuts, cause she WILL end up calling me for a ride. I'm not taking them to the movie, but if she gets there and has no ride home I'm legally and morally obligated to go get her, even tho it means the risk of driving at night.

So I'm worried about her getting there and back safely, if she gets there at all, and I 'should' turn it over to my HP, whom I call God for lack of a better name. Problem is, God won't get her safely home from the movie cause God doesn't play taxi. So I can bet my life on getting a late night call from her for a ride home in the dark.

Now how do I "turn it over" to God? I cannot stop worrying about the outcome of her lack of planning cause like so many other times, I will be called upon to 'rescue' her from a stupid situation she put herself into. And I'm seriously afraid of driving at night. I am all wound up over this and don't know how to "turn it over" to God.

What do I do in a situation like this? How do I 'turn it over' to God when I'm fairly sure I'll have to go drive at night to get her home.

This is NOT a good night.