Old 07-15-2009, 10:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
keithj

Originally Posted by least View Post
How do you "turn it over"? I need instruction in 'turning it over'. How do I do it??
I still have no idea what that means. Look at where that slogan comes from, out of the book. It's right from Step 3. How do I turn my will and my life over after making the decision to do so?

"Next we launched out on a course of vigorous action, the first step of which is a personal housecleaning, which many of us had never attempted."

That's it, least. That's what you do.

Originally Posted by least View Post
I just feel so lost and afraid and really want to be able to 'turn it over' to God and rest in the assurance that He will take care of me. I don't feel worthy of His care and love and am afraid that my best is just not good enough.
That's the whole point. Your best isn't good enough. My best isn't good enough. Lack of power is our dilemma. I had to have a power by which I could live, but where was I to find this power?

In that housecleaning suggested, it talks about the source of all our fears. I feel lost and afraid because my self reliance has failed me. When I'm faced with a tough spot (or just daily life) I have real doubts that I'm going to be able to pull it off. I might screw it up. That's the source of my fears.

By going through the process (steps), I developed faith. I've learned, through my own awakening and experience, that it is not my job to take care of myself. It's my job to be useful to others.

So, everyday, I have to make that decision. Am I going to try and take care of myself today, or am I going to focus on my real purpose? If I decide to focus on helping others (even in my job), then I've already turned it over. I remind myself constantly throughout the day, Thy will be done.

I love recovery. I truly love it.