Old 07-15-2009, 09:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
least
bona fido dog-lover

Question learning to "turn it over" to my HP, whoever that is

Since I grew up in a church-going, God-believing family I think of God when I think of a HP. But I'm having a hard time lately having faith in God. Maybe cause I have so little faith in myself, I don't know.

Many people here talk about (and practice) "turning it over" to their HP when they have problems or issues beyond their control. I often feel like my whole life is 'beyond my control', yet that's not really accurate. I have free will and the intelligence (I hope) to deal with life, make decisions, and act in my best interest.

There are many issues in my life that seem insurmountable. Severe depression and anxiety and bipolar episodes that make me feel 'out of control'. I can only do my best and leave the rest up to God... but my faith is weak and it's hard for me to "let go" of issues.

I'm just wondering if others have this problem, and have trouble 'letting go' of things beyond their control. How did you manage to 'let it go' to your HP? Was it a sudden realization or a gradual understanding?

I just feel so lost and afraid and really want to be able to 'turn it over' to God and rest in the assurance that He will take care of me. I don't feel worthy of His care and love and am afraid that my best is just not good enough.

How do you "turn it over"? I need instruction in 'turning it over'. How do I do it??