View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 07:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
keithj

Originally Posted by Wantthatfeeling View Post
I am going to meetings everyday. Making calls. Reading. Calling my sponsor. Doing what you are "suppose" to an my head is running "that tape" over and over again.
That comittee in your head takes a while to quiet down. I'll just throw this out there. Those things I quoted are all good things. But they are not the things required for recovery. What step are you on?

You mentioned wanting to start taking the steps and your sponsor not having time. Maybe your sponsor sees it differently than you do. I've heard both sides of the same story with other people. One says the sponsor doesn't have time; the sponsor says the new guy won't do the work required. It's hard to say. Maybe it's a blatant case of sponsor failure. That's pretty common.

You probably need to go to your sponsor and ask this very question. The rule I make with guys I work with is that I'll put in as much time as they will. Other folks do it differently. But if you don't know what step you are on, it's probably because you aren't on one. If that sponsor can't get you started, find one that can.

Nobody can stop you if you really want it.