View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 05:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wantthatfeeling

Crazy? Need some relief...

I feel like I am going CRAZY...because I can't drink the voices away. I am in my 36th day of sobriety and my head is going a million miles an hour. My head...the reason I drank so much for so long...to quiet the voices...not crazy voices ...but my own voice telling me what I should and should not be doing. I am obsessing about eating, not eating, exercising, not exercising, doing and not doing things on my to do list, agreeing to "do" more so that I 'appear' to be "together".

I also obsess about running in to people I know at meetings. (I KNOW...they are there too...that does not quiet the voices.)

I am going to meetings everyday. Making calls. Reading. Calling my sponsor. Doing what you are "suppose" to an my head is running "that tape" over and over again.

Also, how available should a sponsor be? I have not really needed her too much but I feel like she is never there when I call. I am ready to be working the steps and ready to move on...but she is so busy. I don't feel like I am a priority.

I know there is a lot here but I needed to unload and get some advice.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...for ANY guidance.