Thread: Was I Wrong?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 11:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
cassandra2

Originally Posted by justtired View Post
As an afterthought... why do I still question sometimes if he is an addict?

Why do I always question myself and how do I learn to trust my own instincts?
Its probably because you are still searching for a way to fix him. That would be the case for me. If I could prove to myself that he was an addict and have EVIDENCE then of course he would see the light and get help. He would finally see things through my eyes and POOF he is all better. Another classic example of magical thinking....

You question yourself because you are fighting yourself. We all have the answers we seek in life. Its whether or not we choose to listen to that gut or just pass it off as being nothing.

The other day I wanted to have a conversation with someone and all day I felt unsettled. I felt like the approach I was gonna use was somehow off. A voice said wait to talk to this person and the opportunity will present itself. Well being the GREAT magical thinker that I am I decided to NOT listen to MY OWN advice and went ahead and approached the person. It backfired. Nothing was accomplished. I should have listened to the voice. That was my gut giving me the answer that I was seeking but I turned the volume down.

Getting to know yourself and that voice will help you alot in life. I found that going through this ride of addiction that was the one part of me that I lost because I was so wrapped up in someone else instead of being wrapped up in myself. Its coming back slowly. I am starting to recognize the voice and maybe not listening to it but I am learning how to again....