View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 06:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
lauraandersen4
Focus

What I have learned from this forum is that you will get support as long as you are trying to help yourself. Everyone here is at a different 'level' of problem drinking (not necessarily just alcoholism). You will find many here with a seemingly far worse problem than yours and some people with far less of a problem. Since this seems to have such a variety of effects on different people, seems some problem drinkers have poor emotional states, but good physical states and others have poor physical states but decent emotional states. Bottom line is if it is a problem for YOU, it is a problem. I didn't get that at first either.

I have a similar problem to you re: not being able to stop... though I really don't experience physical hangovers no matter how much I manage to drink. Sometimes I avoid going out altogether because if I see others drinking, I will want to drink, but I too know where one will lead... social embarrassment and a large loss of $$$ that I don't have to spend. I fear going to parties where I have to drive for the same reason... or even small get togethers. Sometimes I think because of this, I have missed out on a lot of fun and probably getting to know a few good friends along the way.

Good luck to you.