Old 07-11-2009, 07:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
blessed4x

Originally Posted by Trying2survive View Post
I was amazed at that... after spending 27 years with someone, how I could feel nothing!
22 years for me and the same. I look at him and think he's a stranger. He really is a stranger because I have changed so much I'm not looking at him through the same lens. Not that I'm so evolved....I just have no interest in keeping the drama alive, and there is no him without the drama.

My life, after 7 short weeks of living apart from him, is starting to find balance. It is easier than I ever would have dreamed of as well. And you're right about the no contact. I thought I HAD to have contact because we have 4 kids. What I have discovered is that when that contact wasn't initiated by me he became very frustrated and for a while tried to get me hooked. When I refused to respond other than the bare minimum with no emotion, just the facts, he lost interest. It's been 4 days now of absolutely no contact...no voice mails, no texts, no surprise visits. Sadly, he has no interest in seeing his kids (3 of the 4 anyway) unless I initiate it. But I have stopped that too. His choices, his consequences. And he's losing out on some pretty precious time with some of the most fantasic kids I have ever known.