Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
historyteach
To Life!

Talking Update

Hi, all,
Haven't seen you all in a while. I've stopped by once in a while though, to say hi to old friends. Thought I'd fill you in on what's going on in my world.

I've been laid off. Looking for a job, though there are none around in RI. I filled out forms for unemployment, but, they are so far behind, I won't start getting anything for almost a month. It's as bad as I've ever seen it here. Still have my home; let's hope and pray I can sell it now, though it will surely be for a loss now. Oh well.

I was in the hospital on the last day of school. Got all kinds of tests. Now they are thinking it's gall bladder. Go for another test next Wednesday. Painful thing, gall bladder, if that's what it is, LOL! Still have insurance, thank goodness!

Good news is before all this bad stuff happened, I made plans, (and paid for), a trip to the Azores! I'm going to San Miquel in August. I'm really looking forward to it. The pictures are beautiful. I'm going with a group of friends, and one of them owns a home there, so accomodations are all set. It's going to be alot of fun!

Now, for the reason I'm on F&F, LOL!
Trevor was in jail, and got out and went into a rehab. While there, I attended the Friends and Family meetings. He asked me to. He couldn't go on in the program without someone there. I made it clear to him, and everyone there, I would have nothing to do with his addiction anymore. I'd help in his recovery, but, he's on his own in his addiction. Well, for the first time, he actually graduated! Got a certificate and a coin, inscripted, "To thine own self be true." Socrates. What a beautiful sentiment.

He stayed with me for the first night. The plan was to stay for two nights; then to stay with his dad for the week end. He has to turn himself into the Conn. courts on Monday. He left Sunday morning for the city. I got a call from his dad saying he was in the hospital; an "anxiety" attack. I got another call at 11PM; another at 3 Am from the doctor asking me to pick him up. Doc refused to discuss anything about drugs. I said no. At 7 AM Trevor asked me to pick him up. Three times, my sleep was disturbed after I made it clear I will have nothing to do with his addiction. He made his choices; he can live with them.

Anyway, I told him to get a bus to town. That way, he could pick up his stuff from my house, and I could put him back on the bus for where ever he wanted to go. He's not staying here. He never called, as he was supposed to, so I could pick him up at the bus station, since 7 AM.

I called him and told him not to bother coming. I was going out, and if he tried to break into my home, he would go back to jail. I'm trying to survive; I'm trying to find a job. I'm taking it one day at a time. And I have *no* room for this garbage.

But, just for today, I'm going to a BBQ at my aunt's place. I intend to have a good day, on a sunny summer afternoon.

Hope all is well in your world.

Shalom!