View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 03:11 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
sandrawg

I know you feel bad but why do you feel bad for something HE did? I don't know your parents, but do you honestly when you look at the situation objectively, do you really think they blame YOU? I'd bet that they do not.

Originally Posted by whyamistaying View Post
I bought the safe because I feel bad that I put my parents in this position. They didn't marry him. I did. I know he isn't allowed there, but now they feel violated and I feel bad about that. I guess because I still can't believe that my AH did this...that even when he does, if he does get allowed in their house, after complying with my parents, I don't trust that he won't do it again. That why should they now have to pay to protect their belongs because of my husband?

That was my thinking. But wow--I can see that that is codependent behavior. But it is hard to just leave my parents wide open for when he is allowed in his house. So they should protect themselves, not me. And if they don't protect their belongings, then it is their problem? So I am protecting him from again hurting my parents.

Okay, I am going to chew on this a bit.