View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 03:09 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
sandrawg

There will be the awful things he has done between them but also, even if he stays sober, the issues that drove him to alcohol might still be there if he doesn't get therapy or work the program.

I've seen people post up here that they expected things to radically change once the A was in recovery, but I don't think that's how it goes. Progress, not perfection-expectations...it's important to have realistic expectations.

Originally Posted by Gypsy Feet View Post
Im sorry honey, but this just isn't true. While some marriages do rebuild, you can never go back. Even if he quit drinking, you still have all of the awful things he has done between you. And really, by buying the safe, and believing he is a day away from being better, you are only making it worse for him. You are helping him to stay a drunk. I hope as the days pass, you will find yourself focusing on YOUR recovery more and more, focusing on the well being of your children more and more, and focusing on him less and less, until your life is in your hands, and his life is in his.