Old 07-10-2009, 08:34 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
KittyTET

Originally Posted by Lcounts View Post
Hi everyone, I have been looking at these boards for going on a year. Kitty you are living my life from the beggining...He went to rehab and met a woman spent all his time with her they let them go off by them selves , when he got home he joked about having a GF on e-mail...so I started reading his e-mail and he would go outside and call this girl, he was going to meet her and his rehab buddies, when I read that I called his sponser and talked to him about this emotional affair...then I went off on him....ya he said they were only friends but the e-mails were love letters ...and I gave him a choice....me or her..I never had trust issues before, but now I do...it has almost been a year and I check everything I can check of his...If I see another girl he is out the door....AA is helping but there are woman that just want to cling at AA.. so now he is trying to prove to me that he is not 13th stepping anywhere...and I haven't made up my mind to stay or leave yet...They say I will know when...I held back for a few months because they said don't upset the A...but I have learned that is ********, you can't hold it all in..as you can see I am still angry but am getting over some of it...as I am still with him..The first few months out of rehab is HELL to go through...and you are right they don't post enough of after rehab... sorry it is so long..but I could write a book on here lol
Wow! Your situation IS a lot like mine. Well, I don't know if you've read my other thread, "How Quickly the Tables Can Turn", but I have finally left my husband. It's very complicated, but it's all in that thread if you are interested. I just wanted you to know that what you said is absolutely right, when it's time to leave you just know. I woke up Monday morning of this week and something just said, "Pack." I had not premeditated this move. I had no plans of where to go or anything like that. I wasn't even sure if I REALLY wanted to leave at that point, but I went with my gut and I packed. I loaded up the car, still undecided about what I was actually going to do, but by the end of the day it became very clear to me that my gut knew something at that point that my brain hadn't figured out yet. I do feel like I'm making the right decision, even though it is hard as hell. I hope your gut leads you in the right direction, too. Trust it. Our instincts happen for a reason.