View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 05:51 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
KittyTET

Originally Posted by Jadmack25 View Post
What on earth is A Lebowski Fest????
This little, old Aussie hasn't a clue, never heard it before.
It is a two-day festival that revolves around the movie "The Big Lebowski". Basically, it's a bunch of movie geeks dressing up like different characters from the movie and doing a lot of bowling and drinking (okay, maybe not the most supportive thing to mention in an AA-related discussion forum, but that's the truth).

Well, a few moments ago my AH called to tell me he may still use his Lebowski Fest tickets. I told him that I would not want him to stay with me and my brother and said that we can't afford for him to book a hotel room, either. He said he was sure someone there would take him in. Then I asked about the dogs and who would watch them, but he just said he'd make sure they were taken care of. I know he'd NEVER leave the dogs for two whole days locked up in the house and I'm also sure there is nobody he can ask to come babysit, so I'm hoping he realizes he's suck and doesn't go.

When he was telling me that he was thinking of going my attitude changed and he asked me why. I said, "Because the thought of you coming to Lebowski Fest and getting trashed around me is upsetting." He yelled, "WHO SAID I WAS GOING TO GET TRASHED?!?!?!" I calmly reminded him that every time he's ever mentioned Lebowski Fest since he began his attempts at recovery he has always said that he probably WOULD drink if he went. That's when he hung up on me. Now I'm afraid he might go and get trashed just out of spite, but right now I don't really give a crap about that. What I care about is my dogs. I'm also going to be really upset if this stupid drama ruins my brother's good time. Ugh.