View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 09:21 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
KittyTET

Thank you, GiveLove. I'm starting to feel a little more numb about everything, but I don't know if that's good or bad. I just heard from a friend a moment ago who got a text message from my AH last night and in that message he said he might be staying with Preacher for a while. I understand him not wanting to come home to an empty house and be alone, but I still just can't get over him putting me so low on his priority list right now. I don't expect to be #1, by any means. His recovery should be #1, but my God! Can't I at least be #2 or #3? Hell, at this point I'd even settle for being #4!!! I have to wonder if he even realizes that this is what his actions are saying to me. He's NEVER intentionally hurt me this way before and I don't think he's even intending to hurt me now. In his mind, like I said above, he believes that staying with other recovering addicts fresh out of rehab is helpful for his recovery. So, he probably thinks I should be proud of his choice to stay with Preacher instead of the Columbus group and proud of the fact that he's still working on his recovery. He still just doesn't get it. He's not making me proud, he's breaking my heart.