View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 09:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

Well, I didn't go about it in quite the organized, planned out way that GL did, but essentially it was the same.

Doing things that I never thought I could. Jump starting my car when I left the door ajar and the battery went dead. Putting a new shower head in my bathroom. Changing the locks on my doors. Splitting kindling for the woodstove. Signing up for classes--ballroom dancing, creative writing, how to start a business. I could probably list hundreds of things I've done over the past three years that I never thought I would or could do. This year, me and the kids installed a paver patio in the backyard. Whew, what a project! But, it's also the little things like eating healthy and remembering to drink enough water every day.

In short, I would say it's a combination of taking care of myself, and pushing myself to do things that seem tough or scary. I still get anxiety when I contemplate a new project that I've never done before. But, I've learned to "feel the fear and do it anyway." It's an amazing feeling when it's done!

L

P.S. I like to call it 'self-worth' just because it seems less superficial to me than 'esteem.'