View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 09:22 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Jade19

Hello All!!!

@Chama, We did celebrate!! We bought apple pie and ice cream...LOL...it was so good and it felt awesome to eat that instead of being blacked out!

@Chameleonboy and Lindsay, You know I just kept asking myself if I could handle it....the constant booze around me 24/7 and the answer was no. Plus I will admit it really bothered my heart that I might be contributing to someone else's problem. I know I needed the money but I also know that I can find something else. Keep me in your prayers/thoughts as I start looking for another job =)

@Bnme....WOOOHOOO!!!! Soooo awesome!! How are you feeling?

I watched that documentary on the main page, Rain in my Heart, OMG, it was so sobering and scary. I couldn't get through all the parts of it but if you get a chance go watch it. It really scared the %&#@ out of me....almost sent me into panic mode knowing that could have been me.

Anyway, today is day 9 for me and I am feeling pretty good. I think what's going to be important for me is that I keep reminding myself I am powerless and that no matter how great I feel I NEVER want to go back to day 1 again. It's just not worth it. I don't even want to be able to drink socially. I used to say I was jealous of those who could do that, but not anymore. I don't want to be like them, not even remotely. I'm okay with the fact that I am an alcoholic. I am not okay with dying from alcoholism. Anyway, I am blabbering again...LOL

Hope everyone has an amazing day and I really love you all!! Thanks for everything =) Each and every one of you inspires me =)

HUGS,
Reb