Old 07-05-2009, 04:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

I have reread todays reading in my book. I gues the first time I really wasnt paying attention to what it was really saying. Plus I got stuck on that part about fear and hatred toward women and blocked the rest out. So I rethought it and read it again and then one more time and let it sink in. I thought about the meaning of it. And then it made more sense. So I decided to post it. Plus just because I may not get it doesnt mean someone else may not. I know I said I do this mainly for me. But that is incorrect. I do do it for me but also for anyone who may read and find it helpful. Really that is my main objective.

So here is todays reading.

Mother Love

July 5

Mother earth, sister sea,
giving birth, energy,
reaching out, touching me lovingly.

MIRIAM THERESE WINTER

Mothers and motherhood have received a lot of "bad press" in western culture. For years modern western psychology blamed the mother for whatever difficulties the child encountered. As mothers we can and do make many mistakes, some of them seriously harmful. There is no attempt here to dent this pain. But the criticism is not merely a call to correct our honest mistakes.It comes from a deep fear and hatred of woman. This fear is calling for transformation. Mother love, the passionate all embracing love that supports and transforms life, is the power we need to bring to the world today. Miriam Therese Winters's song expresses a consciousness we need to awaken: the knowledge of the creative, spiritual power of woman, the power of the earth, the clay that shapes our lives. Her words honor the feminine power of the sea, it's deep mystery, it's tides of change. It is this power we call out in song. It's touch is loving and gentle. It renews us.