View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 12:36 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
sk8rvirgo
You can't fix stupid!!

Question For Those Who Have Stopped

To All-

I haven't been on SR for exactly a year but I am glad to be back...I don't want to hijack someone's thread however I don't want to crowd the forum with similar questions.

What I wanted to ask is this...I have been on Klonopin for over a year now, 1mg 2 times daily. I don't abuse it; I take it once in the morning and then again before bed. There have been days where I have even got by with only taking one pill the entire day.

That being said, I have about 20 pills left, so ten days of regular dosing, and I'm in a bit of a spot. I moved away from my home state and also my Dr. that originally put me on the benzo...While I was living in another state, my Dr. there gave me the same script so I have been taking it non-stop this entire time.

For anyone who has stopped taking any benzo, but particularly Klonopin, what are the withdrawls from it like? I have heard they are everything from hell on earth, worse than an opiate withdrawl, to it not even having an efffect on the person. Granted we are all different in our chemical and biological make-up. This I understand....But for those who have dealt with the worst of the worst, what should I expect and what is the best way to deal with the withdrawl?

I appreciate any and all feedback...like I said, it has been a year since I have been on this forum, however, I remember that everyone on here treated each other with the upmost respect and never put someone down for what they had done in their past. I'm glad to be back and I will continue to post and read the wisdom that is posted on this board.

Much love to all of those in recovery and a prayer to those who are working to find the courage to begin recovery. Last of all, I am going to bump a post which I posted a year ago...it was something I wrote in the lowest time of my life yet it has helped me in every aspect of growing as a functioning human being. When I originally posted it, a few posts were made on the help that people received from it so I hope by bumping it, the same will happen again.

Happy 4th of July to all and a prayer to those who are not with their families at this time because they are fighting to keep our independence and help others gain the same honor we have as Americans to live in a country that isn't perfect, but allows the people within it's boundries to feel safe rather than be wore-torn and fighting for the simple act of being free.

End of my rant... :-) God bless..

sk8r