View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 06:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
blessed4x

I had a day like yours a while back. I was ranting and raving and texting and calling and driving like a mad woman. When I stopped and looked at it, I was the crazy one. STBXAH spent years drinking like a fish, and I was way sicker than him.

After about 3,000 recitations of the serenity prayer, a few meetings, and some deep soul searching, I decided that no one was going to be given the power to steal my peace. I'm not perfect and it's a day at a time ordeal (sometimes even a minute at a time). I have found what works for me. Try some different things until you find what works for you. It could be anything....reading, praying, finding a meeting, talking to a trusted friend who will keep you accountable, coming here, parking the car and letting out a primal scream.

I know I didn't like that out of control person I became, and it wasn't safe for me, my kids, or the people that shared the roads with me. For me, it was becoming a risk to my physical well-being. And I didn't even have to take a drink to get that way.