Old 07-04-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Cool

"...practicing Step 3: Turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understand Him.
I confess, I am still stuck on Step 3. While I do hold my own understanding of what God is to me, I have never fully turned my life or decisions over to Him..."

Before you go turning your will and life over to anything, go check out the wording of Step 3 again. Even though many, if not most, folks actually do say a pray regarding turning their will and lives over, the step actually says.....: MADE A DECISION to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understand Him. (note, the step never goes so far as to say actually turn ones will and life over.....at this point in the steps, and for me and many of my friends, it was the actual working of the rest of the steps that was the turning over part....)

You have some interesting takes on the turning over part, but you seem to see it as turning your husband and/or his actions over, but I believe the turning over part should be about one's self and not others.....just my ES&H regarding the working of the steps.....something toi think about.

NoelleR