View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 10:53 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
evmdimples

Siam, I am in love with you, or at least your description of why you love books, lol!! As I sit here surrounded by a mountain of my recent reading choices, books on shamanism, buddhism, depression, codependancy, peter the great, st. francis (3 of those concurrently being read)... I can so relate... I also love books, old books, I specifically collect old books on health, nutrition and food although I have lots of other subjects in my collection. From the ridiculous to the sublime... from facsimiles of life in the colonies to Miss Piggy's guide to life. I can't afford antiques or first editions but I do have a few that date back to the early 1900's and many books and food pamphlets from world war II era. My collection is smaller than yours (I think? will have to check!) but like you, many are still unread, waiting for the right moment I guess, and I find that it does eventually arrive. Much of my collection has travelled with me throughout a couple of the countries where I've lived. I just can't seem to part with them! However, in my last move I did get rid of a few... and from my own personal experience, beware, if you do that... the need for that book does in fact come up... and a sad day it is when you realize you no longer have it! I've always said: I will always have my books as my constant companions!

nice to find shared passions!

As far as failure, yesterday I was reminded that failure is just another opportunity to succeed.

to success!