Thread: Empowerment
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 03:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
californiapoppy

Originally Posted by SugarScars View Post
Hi, Everyone!

I am new to Secular Connections. Previously, I'd posted in the NA forum because I was an active member of NA. I've since retracted my NA membership, however, because I've learned that my Empowerment tools are helping me much more. Like they say, everyone is different. I'm very happy with my life today.

Does anyone else practice the principles of Empowerment? I'm curious as to how many folks are 1) familiar with Empowerment and all that it entails and 2) currently using related tools to treat their addiction.

To give you some background on me, I took an Empowerment workshop a few months ago and for awhile considered getting certified as a life coach. I've since decided that I'm not ready. In the meantime, I'm a young professional who loves her career and has not gotten high in over one year. I am interviewing for another job soon and, if hired, will take another step up to reach my next set of career goals. I have a gym membership that I rarely use but am trying to empower myself to use, a supportive boyfriend and parents, brilliant friends, and am an amateur musician, actor and poet. I hope to continue to record new music and get published someday.

My love to all and I hope to hear from some of you soon! I look forward to getting to know some folks in this forum better.

Cheers,
Sugar xo
Hello, welcome to the wild side. I don't think I know anything about empowerment, I guess I'll have to look into.