View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 07:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Nallabelle
Go Browns!

We are not allowed to give medical advice on this site, nor should we. However, my OPINION is that what you are experiencing has nothing to do with the tabs. I dont know your body weight but 1/4 of a tab is like microscopic. Im not trying to down play what you are experiencing, because obviously it is very real, but I highly and sincerely doubt that it has anything to do with the amount of narcotic that you are on.
I would GUESS (again, not giving medical advice) that the liver pain would be from being an alcoholic (even if you arent currently drinking). Have you ever had your liver enzymes checked? Perhaps one of your other medications is effecting your mood? Generally speaking, taking anything less than 4000mg of tylenol a day is safe. It is the tylenol in the loratab that is dangerous, and by the sound of it you are taking approximately 100mg a day, which is the same amount I give my 4-year-old.
As far as coming off, I think you will be fine. At this point there isnt a whole lot more you can do as far as tapering goes, except maybe going to 1/4 pill every other day. You should feel very little physical withdrawal, however you may still feel it mentally. Since you wouldnt experience much detox symptoms, you probably dont need my list of detox OTC meds; i would just load up on vitamins and fluids for a few days and keep yourself busy.
I would consider asking your doctor for an alternative drug as in time you can build up a tolerance if taking it daily. And we all know, thats when the trouble starts!
You can do it, good luck!