View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 05:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
jerect
Restoring myself to sanity

Originally Posted by justtired View Post
The difference for me is that I'm not running FROM anything. I am facing it head-on. I feel powerful when I run. It makes me feel that I have the power I need to face this thing head on. And I NEED to feel my own power in this situation to make it through.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I'll take any and all good running (workout) music suggestions. Just trying to load up the old ipod with good, motivating tunes! Thanks!
I'm not running from his disease or the problems at home.. But for an hour or two, I'm running from all that crap and leaving it behind.. guess I should have worded that a little bit differently.

Running is powerful, I love seeing how far I can push myself. I feel healthy, I feel alive and now that I have gotten back in the groove of things, it's really helping me with my recovery too.. I don't know about you but running is very meditating to me.. I set a lot of goals while I'm running, I clear a lot of stuff out of my head, and work a lot of stuff out... somedays it is my only sanity.