View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 10:55 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
ChameleonBoy

Hi, first time posting in this thread for me. June 27th was my first full day without alcohol after my last awful binge. My drinking has become worse then I had ever imagined was ever possible. I have been at it a long time and these days when I pick up a drink it completely takes over my life. Only bad things happen when I drink alcohol anymore and yet I still do, which has me feeling like I really am crazy. I'm still feeling ashamed and horrified at my actions during my last drinking binge and it only lasted a couple of weeks. I started to get a cough when I was going through detox and now I am 5 days sober with a really bad cold and yet I still craved a drink this morning. I am home now and in bed for the day trying to get over this cold.

I guess I'm the baby of this class? I hope to get to know everyone in the class of June because I really need support right now. I'm so depressed at the way I acted it just doesn't seem to be going away. I wish I would have blacked out the whole time but for some reason this time I do remember what I was like. Not something to be proud of.

That is where I'm at today.