Thread: My Boyfriend.
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 07:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
concernedgf

Shaman: After reading your post i asked him lastnight if he talks to his sponser regularly and he said that he "already knows what his sponser is going to say, and his sponser doesnt tell him anything he doesnt already know" But he does talk to him and sees him at meetings. That advice was really helpful. i think "have you talked to your sponsor about it?" will come in handy.

"What consumes our thoughts controls our lives." -> I've definetly noticed bad habits ive gotten into and i think they are consequences of worrying to much about him and HIS problem. It has turned into something that does actually control me to a degree...Needs to come to an end.

Bubblegum: Thanks for your advice. and i know i deserve more then what im getting out of this relationship. But i feel like it would be selfish of me to abandon it. Which is probably not true...

Congratualtions on getting clean. Especially in the setting you were in. Having just finished my freshman year as well i cant imagine how difficult that had to have been.

Whereami: Thanks for sharing "your experience" with me...What you said about manipulation, i know..It kinda sucks to think i can be manipulated so easily even when i KNOW its happeneing. And after reading all these posts lastnight that said watch actions not words, i did say no, and i asked him to do ME a favor. We will see if it happens right?

Thank you again, im really listening and trying to absorb as much information here as possible. I cant begin to tell you how much just talking about it has helped.