Old 06-30-2009, 02:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
jamdls

I was raised Catholic, Catholic school through 10th grade but when I got married at 19 I joined husband's church, the Church of Christ and got very involved for the 5 years that my marriage lasted--when we split up the church 'blackballed me' and I was told I was unwelcome. I swore I'd never go to church again. I didn't return to church until my 2nd husband left me and then only sporadically because I was most always hungover on Sunday mornings. I always maintained my faith in God, and I've always prayed and believe in the power of prayer. I had an extreme spritual awakening in August 2007, I should have died, I took enough pills to kill someone twice my size but 36+ hours later I woke up and called 911, I later saw my body laying in the ER and I "asked" this "big strong man" next to me "will they pump her stomach" and he said "no it's too late for that". I survived, and I came to realize that God had a hand in that. It was and is up to me to not drink, however, I have been given this chance at life by God and I'm not going to f**k it up. I continue to pray and read the bible but more as a historical piece of literature. I'm not much of a church goer but I do go occassionally either inter-denominational churches or there is a Lutheran church real close to my house that I like too.