View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 11:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
KillaBri

I should chime in here, because since I've been sober I have been prescribed Wellbutrin primarily to treat ADHD but also for a more mild form of depression. Ever since I have been regularly taking the medication I literally have not felt this good in probably 9 years. My mood remains much more steady, my anxiety levels have dropped dramatically and my ability to focus on the task at hand has been phenomenal. My doctor also told me that it would help with the cravings and urges, and at first I didn't believe him, but I can now tell you that it has most certainly helped the seemingly compulsive urges to drink. Apparently Wellbutrin is frequently given to people who are desirous of quitting smoking, so there appears to be some sort of positive effect on cravings.

I've said this on here before, but it is definitely worth repeating: If you are able to combine a steady exercise regimen to go along with your newfound sobriety and (hopefully) the right medication for you, then believe me when I say you will begin to feel all the joy that life has to offer again. Working out will improve your health as well as greatly improve your self esteem. I would definitely suggest that you do it if you are able to safely.

Congratulations on 6 months, and keep fighting the good fight!