Old 06-29-2009, 07:35 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Not checking in much due to limited internet access. I'm out of town, again, for my grandparents' 65th wedding anniversary. So far it's been ok with my family who live down here.

The next paragraph is a vent. Just FYI:
My sister has been on me all day though. She thinks my friends and I are all losers. I quit caring what she thinks of me a long time ago (did I ever care? To say we've never been close would be putting in mildly), but I hate having to put up with her temper tantrums and drama. In front of my grandparents and parents she screamed and cussed at me that she was better than I am because 8 or 9 months ago she thinks my friends and I did pot at a concert that she attended with us. If only she knew, right? That was the first night I had not been high in about 10 days. She used to smoke, drink, and do some weed occasionally but she is on some medication that makes her unable to now. She's very self-righteous about anyone who does that stuff being a loser. The funniest part is that she rubs it in my face, "Well my boyfriend would never smoke pot, he's not a loser like you and your ex." Two weeks ago her boyfriend and I smoked just about the fattest joint I've ever seen.

That was all a vent, which I needed to do because here's the real problem for me: last Xmas when I was here at my grandparents' house I was miserable. No dope for a week and just to get a fix (I'm not proud of this one) I stole some oxycontin from my grandmother. I've thought about the fact that her oxycontin is on the kitchen table at least 2 times an hour since I got here. They never were my thing but they're drugs and they're so tantalizingly available. And not just oxycontin. There's lortab, oxycodone, and more! It's like a Wonderland of Torture for to walk past the kitchen table.

It's going to be a long week.