Old 06-28-2009, 08:53 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Bamboozle
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by hopeful999 View Post
Well, I am a little discouraged on here. I don't feel people have related to my story. I'm not a rock bottom alcoholic. I was never arrested for DUI. I did not end up in the hospital with a high blood alcohol level. I have not gone to rehab. I have no withdrawal symptoms when I stop drinking. I still know the joy of sobriety ... I have a job, kids and a life and I live it seemingly normally.
I can relate to a lot of what you are saying, except for the kid thing.

Anyways, I'm a little sensitive and have felt like people have not liked my posts, have not found my posts helpful, have said I was too upbeat, etc. I am a high on life person most of the time. That was coming through in my posts. But I have felt like I had nothing of value to contribute to anyone here, which is discouraging. Every story is "worse" than mine, so what is there to discuss?
I’m sensitive, too.

EVERYONE has something to contribute here. I haven't been close to half the hell others have experienced, but I am going through my hell. It is very real and is significantly affecting my life.

Your struggles and experiences do matter...for people here and, more importantly, for you.

I had this conversation before with my therapist…about how I really haven’t had a bad life. She kindly explained to me that, for example, say a three year old kid has a stuffed bear that he/she loves. Someone comes by and takes that toy away from the kid. That stuffed bear is that child’s world. It matters greatly to that kid...and to have it taken away is devastating.

I suppose what I’m trying to say is that everyone’s experience is relative and important. Do not discount your experiences. Everyone who stumbles onto this site is in dire need of help.

I am seeking individual counseling for myself, that is what I need, and I wish you all the best ... Bon Vent.

Laura

I’m in therapy, too. It is very important to my recovery, and I’m glad to read that you are getting help. I do hope you consider staying at SR. You are always welcome here.