Old 06-28-2009, 08:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
David 1

I am not familiar with your previous posts, but I know for sure this forum is all about support.

I don't post here as much as I used to but this site was part of my recovery - I have close to six years sobriety.

I loved smynthia's post above; very insightful! The diversity of opinions does make us stronger because it indicates a mindset that we are open and willing to listen.

I am actually surprised at the level of civility that is maintained here. It just illustrates that even though we are going through a tough time, there are people here who have "been there" and know what its like to wake up hung over and just can't quit drinking. We also have people here that know how beautiful life can be without alcohol! The decisions we make (guy from Europe) surprisingly become much clearer and easier when we attain sobriety.

For me, sometimes alcoholics need to be challenged in a supportive way! We are way too smart and are masters at rationalizing our drinking and seeking out enabling conditions.

I guess what I am trying to say (in a long-winded way) Laura is decide what is best for you and I can tell you from first hand experience that this is a very supportive and loving place.

Dave