View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 07:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
exquisitered

Thanks so much for the replies! You pretty much confirmed what I already felt was right. If the doctor decides I need them, I'm going to try them. Maybe the people in AA who doesn't think they are a good idea simply never needed them. I felt torn about them, cause it seems like a lot of the people in my AA group are kind of anti-doctor. I mean, my doctor prescribed me Campral when I first quit. I took it for the first 90 days. And I learned pretty quick to not mention it to other AA'ers because a lot of them think you shouldn't take any drug, or something. But you know, I think the Campral helped. The only reason I quit taking it was because I don't have insurance and I got tired of paying so much for medicine. They don't have a generic Campral yet, or I'd have keep taking it for the first yr. So I guess I need to quit getting medical advice from the people in my meetings... I mean, my doctor has been in AA for 19 yrs. He IS an old timer haha so if he doesn't think it will hurt my program. I don't know why I should worry about what the others think. I just do. I think it is part of my nature to constantly question myself.

Thanks again! It feels great to have a place to come for advice when I don't really trust my gut instinct.

:ghug