View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
facing2day
Finding the Light! 10/13/09

So much information and help/support here, I'm getting overwhelmed! I need to take one step at a time, in the last 2 hours I have read about smoking, anxiety, family issues....so much ahead.

I am back with my 15 posts and going to paste my intial post ( saved it after it wouldn't post, too much typing!) I did this morning with pics of the AA book I have

I have to get away from here before I am ADDICTED to this and have to get for being a forum addict.

This place is such a blessing!

From this morning (I was 'off to fix my life', and instead spent 3 hours here reading!) I'm really leaving now!:

Good morning! Just got back from docs and am feeling so much better this morning. The headache is gone!

I feel like a different person this morning then I did last Sat. Like, not the same person. For the last 2 months things have really spiraled. My bills are all a mess from, thank goodness, only 1 month. I can imagine if this had continued I could and would have lost my job, everything...ugh.

Before everyone wakes up, I am going to read the Blue Book and see what's in there. I am guessing it's the "The Twelve Steps"?

A thrift shop opened in one of the buildings my office is located. I am always stopping in there to buy old books. I love old books, especially the ones with different covers and papers. The volunteers work at this shop while in a program for men rehabilitating from drugs/alcohol abuse in a local based ministry. I was dropping lunch off to one of the volunteers a couple of months ago and a shipment was just unpacked of books and one caught my eye. It had a leather sewn, really neat, looking cover. I grabbed it, paid and ran. It got tossed in my car and a week or so ago I unburied it from a pile in the back of the house, you know, where everything gets thrown when the kids 'clean the car out'?

It was the Blue Book. I studied the cover, I scanned to share this morning with you all.

The Blue Book and and what appears to me to be an upside down wine glass at the bottom of the 'spine'.

(have to do another post because I am only allowed 3 images...cont'd to post 2)