Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2004, 04:52 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
tryinagain
Hopefully Healing Up

Jay,
Congrats man. I need to prepare you for something else also. That is feeling better and worse at the same time. I am over the detox now and slept last night. No shakes...nada. With that said, when you get to that point all the things that you were managing to deal with when drinking will hit all at once. You think you are pissed now, better get a straight jacket and pad some of the walls. I am not talking agitated or bothered, I am talking stress that would make a chichua a pissed off pit bull. Nobody wants to be around me or even near me right now as I have chewed both my wife and daughter out. I am talking red-faced, spitting, crazy man. I am a top exec in a fast growing company so you can imagine what it takes just to retain some composure there. My relapse was caused by a SERIOUS family situation here at home that I could not deal with. That pain is hitting me square in the face and I do not have an outlet for that either. I am the John Wayne type. Not because I choose to be but that is just how I am so instead of tears, there is pure anger. Trust me man, what you are going through right now is easier than what remains ahead. Hang in there man, I need to go kick something.
Roy