View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 06:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
benham

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
That part of you that doesn't want to push on......what is it suggesting you do instead?
I tend to listen to ALL the voices inside me, give them all an audience, and let them say their piece. What does it say?
Originally Posted by Voice In Head
Hey, let's go back to doing nothing. Life was so much easier then. You didn't have to take time out of your day to read and reflect and work on yourself. What makes you think you're even sick?
Yes, definitely don't want to react and suffer anymore. Been there and done that. Surprisingly, no T-shirt though.

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
What kind of ongoing program do you have to help keep yourself sane, healthy, and focused on YOUR future (regardless of what choices she makes)?
Right now, I'm doing a flip-flop schedule. Al-Anon one week and a couples' counseling program through her IOP the next. I have a semi-sponsor right now which could become a full timer. We are meeting for coffee today actually. I am doing a ton of reading and journaling online. Right now my topics for journaling are the questions from Paths to Recovery. It makes me sit and think about myself and what I've done.

Since I've posted the initial topic, the amount of complacency has dropped a good amount. I want continued sanity and I see that I have to put in work to make it so.

Thanks for the death clock, it says I only have 49 years to go!