View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 04:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
whereami
A Brand New Life

Do I accept the money?

My ex's mom sent a moneygram for 130 bucks...the Child support papers are about to arrive at her door for my ex any day now to appear in court for arranging support amount per month...Do I just leave her offering alone so it doesn't look like I am trying to take everything I can? (Background...he sends about 100 a month and hasn't since May so I think this is a peace offering.) She says in her heart she sees us working out someday and that he is just going through stress over there. (DRugs, new job, new girl, parents mad at him, living at his parents, bumming money from them, etc.) I am not sure that is right to take the money b/c of the volcanic reaction that will occur when the sheriff's dept (His dad retired from and knows everyone there) shows up at the door with a court summons. I know I am doing the right thing for my daughter by filing, but there is a lot of apprehension on my part to make the wrong move?

I really want your honest opinion, do I just leave the walmart moneygram alone or do I say it is very needed and could help alot right now?

Also, he and I have not been in contact but his mom is leaving messages, trying to "fix" the situation. I think my mom is getting the impression that she is looking out for her own son and not her granddaughter and so my mom hopes she doesn't call b/c she wants to tell her to stop calling. It is complicated because his mom is still in denial about him and thinks he is just missing us and lonely and stressed...she doesn't think he is on anything and if he is he may need it. All this is pointless if I do the wrong thing so I just want to make sure I don't look bad in court or selfish.